BlockchainBrad speaks with Harmony Co-Founder Nick White for an exclusive update. Harmony is a next generation sharding-based blockchain that is fully scalable, provably secure, and energy efficient. Harmony addresses the problems of existing blockchains by combining the best research results and engineering practice in an optimally tuned system. They are currently undergoing their IEO on Binance, so DYOR.
►Join The BCB Tele https://t.me/BlockchainBradCommunity
► Follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/Brad_Laurie
► Join BlockVera on twitter: @BlockVera
► Check out BlockVera on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af4pD…
Specifically, Harmony makes breakthroughs in following aspects:
● Fully Scalable: Harmony shards not only the network communication and transaction validation like Zilliqa, but also shards the blockchain state. This makes Harmony a fully
● Secure Sharding: Harmony’s sharding process is provably secure thanks to the distributed randomness generation (DRG) process which is unpredictable, unbiaseable, verifiable and scalable. Harmony also reshards the network in a non-interruptive manner to
prevent against slowly adaptive byzantine adversaries.
● Efficient and Fast Consensus: Unlike other sharding-based blockchains which require PoW to select validators, Harmony is based on PoS and thus energy efficient. Consensus is reached with a linearly scalable BFT algorithm that’s 100 times faster than PBFT.
● Adaptive-Thresholded PoS: The threshold of stakes required for a node to join the network is adjusted based on the volume of total staking in a way that malicious stakers cannot concentrate their power in a single shard. Moreover, the threshold is low enough so that small stakers can still participate in the network and earn rewards.
● Scalable Networking Infrastructure: With RaptorQ fountain code, Harmony can propagate blocks quickly within shards or across network by using the Adaptive Information Dispersal Algorithm. Harmony also adopts Kademlia routing  to achieve cross-shard transactions that scale logarithmically with the number of shards.
● Consistent Cross-Shard Transactions: Harmony supports cross-shard transactions with shards directly communicating with each other.
Nick White holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering from Stanford University, where he focused on signal processing, optimization and control. As a graduate teaching assistant at Stanford, he researched artificial intelligence and applied mathematics with Prof. Bernard Widrow.
This was 100% free and I received no financial compensation for doing this video; not in fiat, tokens or any form on payment. However, Nick and the team have recently offered to donate to a new platform I and some of my crypto colleages, are trying to establish called BlockVera. If we receive any support from Harmony, we will use this donation to support objective writing and content creators on BlockVera. I will update this disclosure if a donation occurs. Since several months ago, I decided to do only free content unless legitimate ambassadorships were involved. I believe that sponsored content is not a problem if disclosed, but I this was NOT sponsored and there was absolutely no compensation directly paid to me in any way, shape or form for this interview.
The information provided is not to be considered as a recommendation to buy or invest in certain assets or currencies and is provided solely as an educational and information resource to help traders make their own decisions. Past performance is no guarantee of future success.
It is important to note that no system or methodology has ever been developed that can guarantee profits or ensure freedom from losses. No representation or implication is being made that using the attached material will guarantee profits or ensures freedom from losses.
BlockchainBrad shall not be liable to the participant for any damages, claims, expenses or losses of any kind (whether direct or indirect) suffered by the participant arising from or in connection with the information obtained this website or directly from the website owner.
#harmonyprotocol #harmony #bcb #blockchainprotocol #blockchain #IEO #binance #crypto