Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO) continues to be one of the most popular esports games in the world. Released in 2012, the game grew tremendously in just a short amount of time. Starting from the growth of its competitive scene, it developed its gambling scene where fans can bet on their anticipated matches.
Online sportsbooks like BC.GAME have welcomed esports betting due to massive demand, which includes the CSGO scene. Punters can now place wagers on various esports tournaments, from LAN events to international competitions.
If you want to learn more about how to win alongside your favourite CSGO teams and players, here is a CSGO betting guide for beginners. This will not only teach you the basics of the game but also help you learn how to bet on CSGO.
What is CSGO?
CSGO is a first-person shooter (FPS) video game with two teams of five players competing in a game of skill and tactics. Developed by Valve in 2012, there are over nine official game modes that you can play. When it comes to CSGO esports competitive gaming rules, there is generally only one game mode used, which is the competitive mode.
Once you enter a game, your team will be assigned Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist. Depending on the side you were given, your objective will vary. Here is a quick overview of both sides:
- Terrorist – As a terrorist, your main objective is to kill off the opposing side or plant the bomb on designated sites before time runs out.
- Counter-terrorist – Your goal as a counter-terrorist is to either defend sites or defuse bombs that have been planted.
Winning and performing well in each round rewards players with in-game currency that will allow them to buy better weapons and gear for the next matches. A CSGO game ends once one of the sides wins 16 rounds.
Although, if both teams end up with 15 points at one point, the game will be forced into overtime. Teams will have to play until one team has a two-point lead continuously.
How does CSGO betting work?
CSGO betting is quite straightforward, accessible, and rewarding. There are a few things to consider in esports betting, such as types, odds, and markets. But basically, here is how CSGO betting works:
- Choose a reliable sportsbook – Create an account and deposit an amount you wish to wager with. You can wager on your favourites within the CSGO esports betting scene through a betting platform like BC.GAME.
- Consider the betting types – You can place wagers on either live or upcoming events or games.
- Pick the CSGO tournaments and matches to bet on – Some of the most popular events include the Major Championships, ESL Pro League, and the BLAST Premier Fall. In 2021, CSGO esports peaked at a total viewership of 2.7M during the PGL Major Stockholm. This alone proves the popularity of the esport and its continuous growth in the scene.
- Place your bets – Before placing a bet on CSGO, you can look into the teams, players, odds, or any relevant information. This will help you place informed bets.
Types of CSGO bets
In CSGO betting, there are several betting types you can choose from. Each has its mechanics. Depending on your gambling preference, you can wager on several markets simultaneously. However, always remember to bet responsibly and only stake an amount on your budget. Here is an in-depth look at some of the most popular types:
Match-winner CSGO bets
Known as one of the simplest bets in CSGO, betting on the match winner is wagering on the team you think will win the tournament. Researching the teams participating in the tournament first is the best thing you can do to increase the odds of winning this bet.
Outright winner bets
Before a tournament starts, sportsbooks will allow you to wager on the teams you think will win the overall competition. Refer to the tournament’s odds and a team or player’s previous performances and momentum before betting on this bet.
Handicap bets are among the most popular betting types, especially for esports punters who are also enthusiasts of the game. This bet levels the playing field by placing a virtual advantage and disadvantage on the underdog and favourite, respectively.
The over/under bet is a popular betting type in CSGO. With this bet, you are wagering whether a certain number, set by the bookmaker, will go over or under. Bettors can wager that the number of rounds a game will stay under 27. If the CSGO game goes over 27, you lose the bet.
Map winner bets
Finally, map betting is another type of bet in CSGO that factors in the maps played in the tournament. With this betting type, you can make an educated guess as to which team will win a specific map in the game.
Top CSGO betting tips and tricks
A few beginner CSGO betting tips can serve as a guide and help turn the odds in your favour. Here are some tips to remember the next time you place a bet:
Manage your bankroll
Proper bankroll management is the most important piece of advice for new punters. Set a specific amount you will use with your CSGO bets, and don’t go overboard. Knowing how to manage your bets will allow you to play for longer periods and improve your chances of succeeding in subsequent games. This also helps you limit the number of unnecessary losses that can occur when betting.
Understand how betting odds work
Betting odds reveal which event is more likely to happen and your possible payouts if your bets succeed. These are presented in various formats, which can be difficult for some newcomers to understand. To help you out, here is a quick rundown of the most common betting odds and how they are read:
- Decimal odds – As the name suggests, you will see odds in decimal format. The lower the value is, the more likely it is predicted to succeed. Decimal odds display the winning potential for each dollar wagered. A 2.25 odds will give you a $2.25 win for a $1 bet.
- Fractional odds – This type of odds is written with a slash or hyphen. With fractional odds, it is simple to identify the favourites and underdogs. These are the underdogs in the match when the numerator exceeds the denominator. On the other hand, the favourites will have a higher common denominator.
- Moneyline odds – Also referred to as American odds, this is another popular format many bettors choose. This is because it is easy to learn and understand. You can determine whether you should bet on the underdog or the favourite by looking at the plus (+) and minus (-) signs.
Try betting on more than one market
Finally, on the CSGO esports betting tips list, it is recommended to wager on several markets at once. Your chances of receiving more payouts increase as you wager on more markets.
Do extensive research on the players
Doing extensive research can be the defining factor that helps you win bets more often. Learning about the players participating and their statistics will dictate which teams have the winning edge. With this, here are some of the top-performing players to look out for when betting on CSGO:
Fans and CSGO betting enthusiasts consider Oleksandr ‘s1mple’ Kostyliev one of the game’s most successful players. S1mple made his professional debut in 2013 for LAN DODGERS and switched teams frequently in 2014 and 2015 as he improved his abilities. In 2016, he became a fixture of the Natus Vincere roster (Na’Vi) as an AWPer.
As the AWPer for Cloud9 and one of the top CSGO players in the world since 2020, Dmitriy ‘sh1ro’ Sokolov has achieved top finishes in A and S-tier competitions. Sh1ro made his professional debut in 2018 for FLuffy Gangsters, and in 2020 he continued his training while competing with Gambit Youngsters. After being added to the main roster that year, he played for Gambit Esports for two years. Sh1ro transferred to Cloud9 in April 2022.
Due to his experience playing CSGO and its predecessor, Counter-Strike, Nikola’ NiKo’ Kovac is regarded as one of the most mechanically adept players. Along with his cousin Nemanja ‘huNter’ Kovac, he competes as a rifler for G2 Esports. In the late 2000s, he began playing Counter-Strike on a semi-professional level. In 2012, he immediately switched to CSGO.
Best CSGO betting strategies to try
Following and employing a CSGO betting strategy is ideal for increasing your winnings and making educated bets. CSGO betting is all about predictions and the result that comes afterwards. With this, every phase of the tournament matters.
Pre-match: Prepare before the game
You can start researching extensively and examine how each team is doing in the tournament. Did the team swap any members? Do they have a new coach? What’s their performance in their recent games?
These factors can easily affect how a team performs in future games. Sportsbooks will have the odds laid out way before a tournament begins. Use this to your advantage and compare the odds of each team. This will give you an idea of who to bet on.
Live betting: Watch ongoing CSGO games as you bet
When live betting, the concept remains relatively simple. The strategy to employ when betting on live CSGO events is spotting opportunities and taking advantage of them. This means it’s best to watch the tournament as it unfolds and as you bet. This will require a lot of patience, but the result will be worth it. Monitoring the odds is important for this strategy as they can fluctuate.
For example, in a BO3 (Best of three) series where one team has already won 2 maps out of 3, you might consider betting on them to win the series since they only have one more map to victory. However, consider the maps in play because the losing team might be better in the upcoming map, and they still might pull an upset in the series.
Watching the tournament or game as you place bets in CSGO live betting will be the first step to making successful wagers.
Biggest events for CSGO betting
This CSGO betting for beginners guide recommends you bet on the biggest esports tournament events. These championships will give you the most exciting games to watch and reward you with big payouts in return for winning your bets. Some of the biggest esports CSGO events are:
- Intel Extreme Masters (IEM) – This is one of the longest-running tournaments in the esports scene and is one of the most prestigious events in CSGO history. The IEM is one of the most attended and viewed esports events to date, with millions of viewers worldwide. One of the tournament’s best features is its $1 million prize pool, which entices the top CSGO teams worldwide to compete.
- ESL Pro League – The Electronic Sports League (ESL) is among the many prestige tournaments in CSGO. It is held every year and has 24 teams participating. Each team has qualified through regional qualifiers that are held before the tournament. Natus Vincere, Astralis, and FaZe Clan are among the most prominent teams in the league.
- Blast Premier – The BLAST circuit is the highest forum for competitive CSGO. It is a highly selective event primarily based in North America and Europe. Divided into two seasons, the Spring and Fall events, the BLAST Premier is held annually. Some of the best-performing teams in the tournament are Team Vitality, Astralis, and G2 Esports.
- Flashpoint – This is a team-owned league operated by FACEIT, an independent competitive gaming platform for online multiplayer games. Although it held some amazing competitions in the past, the tournament could not last throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and was eventually shut down.
How to bet on CSGO games and events at BC.GAME
Choosing a reliable sportsbook that provides the best services and will give you many opportunities to win big money is important. Make sure you can have a fun and secure betting experience for a worthwhile time.
BC.GAME is among the top options in the industry regarding CSGO betting. They have fantastic offers, benefits, and bonuses for bettors to enjoy. The website also provides competitive odds and markets that help bettors win more.
To get started with CSGO betting, all you have to do to get started is create and register an account on BC.GAME. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do this:
- Simply enter your username and password. You can select a 2-factor authentication option when you set up your account for increased security.
- You’ll receive an email with a link for verification. To start right away, click the link to verify your account.
- Put down the amount you want to use for your bets. When doing this, be mindful of your budget. BC.GAME is one of the few premier crypto betting sites online so that you can use your digital assets in your wagers.
- In the esports section, you can find various betting markets for CSGO matches in play on BC.GAME’s sports page and bet on them with the money you deposited.
Take advantage of the rewards, bonuses, and promotions offered to you to increase your chances of winning. You are eligible to receive the site’s welcome bonus when you register. This is a bonus that the new BC.GAME players can take advantage of.
Bet on CSGO at BC.GAME
CSGO is one of the most profitable esports games you can bet on. Don’t miss out on the opportunity that awaits you. Place your wagers on CSGO matches here at BC.GAME. You can also check out the bonuses and promotions offered to increase your bankroll and your chances of winning your bets.
How to win big on CSGO betting?
Winning big in CSGO requires smart betting techniques. This includes research to gauge your bets and proper bankroll management to manage your money properly. It also helps to know how the odds and markets work so that you can make smart wagers.
What are the best CSGO betting strategies?
The best CSGO betting strategy is betting on several markets to win more. This will increase the possible profit you can receive. Besides this, always make sure to take the time to research. You can refer to the CSGO betting strategy during pre-match and live betting in the section above.
Where can I bet on CSGO?
BC.GAME is the ideal bookmaker to wager on when it comes to CSGO betting. They offer competitive odds and only the best services to their customers. Expect to be showered with bonuses, rewards, and promotions upon sign-up on the site.