Many users struggle with identity verification issues on Binance. We have covered the issue in this article! Blockchain has succeeded in making the identity verification of users very simple. You need these basics in case things turn awkward.
After successfully creating a trading account, procedures such as 2FA, ID verification, and private key allocation ensues. All serve their purpose of protecting your account and contributing to full-time account ownership.
Today, I will be focusing on ID verification on Binance! Crypto exchange networks such as Binance, Luno, CEX.IO, etc., and crypto casinos do not allow you to withdraw or limit your transaction if you do not completely verify your ID. BC.Game supports instant withdrawals and deposits for a smooth user experience!
As part of the ‘Know Your Customer’ procedures, traders should understand that ID verification is approved manually, irrespective of the exchange system. Hence, choosing a network with very responsive and reliable customer support is crucial.
The Levels involved in Identity Verification:
Most exchange or best crypto gaming networks employ a 3-level system. Each boasts of a different approval time.
Level 1: Involves answering the basic identity questions such as your home address, postal address, etc. You can execute this process immediately after account creation. It is processed in minutes in contrast to its subsequent levels.
Level 2: Requests for an additional (globally accepted) means of identification. Documents such as driver’s License, National ID, and International passport.
Level 3: This level was created to reinforce level 2. It involves taking the image of an additional verification document such as a billing address, Bank statements, utility bill, facial recognition, and the like.
Hence, it is okay to refer to Levels 2 and 3 as ‘advance verification’.
What to do when you experience a delay?
As mentioned earlier, level 1 is the fastest because it requires basic information. Level 2 and 3 verification process, on the other hand, requires vivid and manual inspection and may require a minimum of 24 hours.
However, if your application hangs for more than 48 hours, you might want to contact the network’s support to know what is wrong. I’m always against resending your documents without contacting support first because most of these platforms have systems that capture your document once it is received, and I hate it when you repeat the process.
Completing all the verification processes is important because it gives you the freedom to buy and sell as much as you like. For clarity’s sake, here is a list of verification documents to watch out for:
• International passport (major)
• National ID
• Residential address proof
• Credit card verification proof — not all exchanges.
• Drivers license
• SSN — for higher verification accounts
Note: International passport and SSN can get you through most top-tier or advanced (level 2 and 3) verification processes.
ID Verification: The Binance Way
- Visit Binance and login into your account. Click on the User tab in the top left corner of the interface.
- This tab will provide you with different options. Click on ‘Identification’ and click ‘Verify’. Before clicking the verify button, ensure that the information you provided aligns with your ID. Especially your name and country.
- Upon clicking ‘Verify’, choose your nationality. Enter your name and ID number. Proceed by tapping the ‘Continue’ button.
- At this point, you are through with the basic (Level 1) verification. Click on ‘Go to Advanced Verification’ to continue.
- Here, you will have to provide a valid ID document. Most account owners use a National ID card, International passport, or driver’s license.
- After choosing an ID option, take a picture of this ID (the front and back view) and upload it to the network.
- You will also be asked to take a selfie of yourself holding the document. Tap the Picture area to take a picture, and click ‘submit and continue’.
- Facial verification is the final step of Binance advanced ID verification (call it level 3). After clicking the ‘submit and continue’ tab, facial verification will be requested. This verification is the final step of Binance advanced ID verification.
- If you are on a PC, a single click on ‘Begin Verification’ should complete your facial verification because you own a webcam. Mobile phone users must scan the QR code via the Binance app to complete facial verification.
Identity verification of Binance cannot be a smooth operation for everyone. Now that you know what it entails and how to respond to strange events, now is the best time to complete your Identity verification on any crypto platform confidently.